Making New Connections, Developing a Path Toward Achievement
Have you ever looked at a struggling student and asked —
- “Could something have been done to steer this child in a different direction?”
- “Were there red flags?”
- “Are the preventative strategies strong enough to fight off looming struggle?”
The answers — yes, yes and yes.
You’ll take comfort in our preventative, proactive and positive approach to engaging struggling students. All too often, programs swing into high gear after students hit rock bottom. Our approach not only stops struggle from occurring in the first place, but also enables struggling students to get back on track faster.
- Acceleration Planning Worksheet
- Activation Plan Worksheet
- Advance Organizer Worksheet
- Anticipating Confusion Worksheet
- Establishing Red Flags Worksheet
- Intervention Planning Worksheet
- Previewing Organizing Strategies Worksheet
- Proactive Support Plan Worksheet
- Remediation Grouping Worksheet
- Remediation Planning Worksheet
- Vocabulary Planning Worksheet
How to Support Struggling Students focuses on ways to intervene effectively with students who show signs of struggle. This practical guide offers self-assessment resources, worksheets, checklists, summaries, tips and links to online resources that can be used by individual teachers, for learning with colleagues and for empowering your school team.
Our library of webinars features an in-depth discussion on how to provide students with proactive interventions that can catch them before they fall and find out what to do once they're already in a failure free fall.
Workshops & Keynote Presentations
Prefer an in-person, interactive experience? Turn to us to conduct a workshop at your school. We train teachers and administrators how to identify red flags and develop effective intervention plans. We offer a customizable Supporting Struggling Students workshop as well as in-depth three-part workshop series.
Need to address a larger audience? We can also engage with your team through an inspirational keynote presentation at your next professional development day or district-wide conference.
Free Training Series
Check out our free training series on Supporting Struggling Students. Want this series delivered to your inbox? Sign up below to receive the Supporting Struggling Students training series.
Check out our top articles on Supporting Struggling Students.