You will be required to establish an account (“join our community”) in order to take advantage of certain features on the Mindsteps website(s). If you wish to establish an account you will be required to provide us with information (including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information). You must “opt in” and give us permission to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. In addition, we may obtain your personally identifiable information from you if you identify yourself to us by sending us an e-mail with questions or comments.
- Personally identifiable information identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Examples of personally identifiable information include your name, IP address, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and billing and credit card information.
- Non-personally identifiable information is information, any single item of which, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, including demographic information (such as age, profession, company industry, gender, current location, or zip code), IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and statistical data involving the use of the Mindsteps website. Certain non-personally identifiable information may be considered a part of your personally identifiable information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered non-personally identifiable information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-personally identifiable information (for example, your account preferences).
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. If you choose to register for access to content on our site, you will be asked to (opt-in) check a box indicating your agreement to provide this data in order to access resources on our site. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time (opt-out). You may also change your preference and “opt out” of receiving certain marketing communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of all such communications, or by written request to email@example.com. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this policy, please do not use our site(s).
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. Upon registration we automatically collect:
- Your use of the Website: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our sites and products. This information includes the features you use; the pages, products, and other links you click on; the type and filenames of resources you download from our site; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on our site.
- Log files: We collect non-personally identifiable information through our Internet log files, which record data such as user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the Mindsteps website. This information may be used to analyze trends, to administer paid memberships, to monitor the use of the Mindsteps website, and to gather general demographic information. We may link this information to personally identifiable information for these and other purposes, such as personalizing your experience on the Mindsteps website, and evaluating the Mindsteps website in general.
- Other partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the website from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our websites and online advertisements.
We will make readily available to customers any information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. Your rights:
- Opt-out: You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose.
- Access: You may access the data we hold about you at any time by exporting your Account (if you are a member of our community) or by contacting us directly.
- Amend: You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Erase and Forget: In certain situations, for example when the data we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 55049, Washington, D.C. 20040 anytime for any other questions you may have about your personal data and our use of such personal data.
- You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use, and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will only retain your personal data as long as reasonably required for you to use the Site(s) and/or to provide you with access to products purchased unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We use your information to send you a welcome e-mail after you create an account, when you join the Mindsteps Community, or when you schedule a call, webinar or to receive our newsletter. We also use your information to send other e-mail communication related to the Mindsteps community. We always give you the option to unsubscribe in any email we send you.
- We may also use the information gathered to perform statistical analysis of user behavior or to evaluate and improve Mindsteps website(s). We may link some of this information to personally identifiable information for internal purposes or to improve your experience with Mindsteps website(s).
- We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personally identifiable information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. There are certain instance where we may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information:
- Special Circumstances: If at any time we believe, in good faith, that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose personally identifiable information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service, to detect fraud, or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, Mindsteps website(s) or the general public. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Public Authorities: We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.