Are you having trouble motivating students to learn? Tell us about it.
Get this workshop series!
Estimated Series Length: 3-day series. Days can be consecutive or throughout the school year
Audience: Teachers, grades 5-12
- Create a classroom environment worth investing in.
- Motivate 21st century learners.
- Identify what students’ currencies are and how to leverage those currencies in the classroom.
- Understand students’ preferences and how to develop motivation style that is consistent with who they are.
- Meet students where they are by identifying students’ key motivators.
- Motivate students using their currencies and targeting their needs.
Here is what you can expect:
Workshop I: “Removing Barriers to Motivation”
Learn how your own needs and drivers affect the way you motivate (or unintentionally de-motivate) students and how to identify and remove classroom barriers to motivation.
Workshop II: “Using Currencies to Motivate Students to Learn”
Learn how to identify students’ currencies and key motivation drivers and learn specific strategies for addressing these drivers and ultimately motivating students.
Workshop III: “Motivating Reluctant Students”
Learn how to address the unique needs of your most reluctant learners by identifying their drivers and developmental needs. Then, learn strategies to help get them invest in the classroom.
Planning Rigorous Learning Units
Supporting Under-Prepared Students in Rigorous Courses